FAAP Christmas Party 2005, Nationality Room Open House, Duquesne University's Advent and Christmas Concert 2005
Yesterday, Mom, Dad, and I went to the FAAP Christmas 2005 Dinner. Lots of good food was served, and fellowship was shared. My coworker, Jay, brought his family there. There were a lot of events for the younger set. I met Eliseo Art Silva, the Filipino muralist, there while he was doing face painting. I had a chance to tell the FAAP president, Nenette, that I know a friend of hers--my supervisor at work, Carole! I found out that our web manager is moving to Florida this month. Mom and Dad were Lolo at Lola for mano po.
Today before Mass we organized several projects for choir, including carolling and a house party at Jess's place. After Mass, Dad and I went to the Open House for Nationality Rooms at the University of Pittsburgh. I met up with Eliseo in the future Philippine Nationality Room again. I saw Warren and his children and nieces at the Early American Room. The Quo Vadis guides toured us around the room and let us go up the secret passageway to the family's upstairs room.
Mid-afternoon, I went to Duquesne University's Advent and Christmas Concert. Adam played the organ prelude, and there were pieces from as far away as Kenya and as old as a Gregorian Chant. Several pieces had all three choirs (along with the Cathedral-filled church) singing in unison. All the selections, save the last two, were sung without sheet music. I spoke with Joe and Tina and their friend about this, and we were all extremely impressed.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home