Monday, October 23, 2006

St. Paul Cathedral--Centenary Mass

It was a wonderful honor to be a lector at the St. Paul Cathedral Centenary Mass yesterday. Both Cecile (the first reader) and I agreed on this point. The music was marvellous to listen to from the main altar--the combined Pittsburgh Diocesan and St. Paul Cathedral choirs, led by Fr. Jim Chepponis; as well as the von Beckerath organ played by Ken and Don. Diane was the cantor for the day. The Knights of Columbus were preceded by the Knights of Malta and other service organizations. Cecile and I were amidst the K of C for the procession into the Cathedral. Finally, there were the seminarians, dozens of priests, and a number of bishops from around the USA, and from Washington, DC, Archbishop Donald W. Wuerl. There were remarks by Auxiliary Bishop Paul Bradley at the outset, and a booklet about the history of the Cathedral for all attending at the end.

What a magnificent, wonderful ceremony. I have never been part of something like this in my whole life. "I Was Glad," does not even begin to describe my feelings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home