University of the Philippines Madrigal Singers ("Madz")
Today was the event by the University of the Philippines Madrigal Singers. I arrived at 11am at Heinz Chapel to help out--the ushers were all at the student union building, which I found out when I went there.
The group was running late, so they went directly to Heinz Chapel. I worked the Will Call and directed people toward the correct locations.
~
The group was nothing short of masterful in their presentation and interpretation of sacred, secular, Philippine folk songs, and contemporary music. They have been designated as a UNESCO group, and have won various awards in Europe and around the globe.
~
I drove (courtesy of Bob H's directions) Enzo and Sherwin to their host's home. We all changed, and then went to Bob and Malou's place for dinner with Jacqueline and Chi Chi. Jacquie and Malou were to do laundry, and Bob let the boys into their host home. After exchanging contact information, hugs, and several photo ops, we departed for our respective places.
Labels: Choir, friends, ice cream, languages, Philippines, photos, Pilipino culture, Pittsburgh, PNR, school, singing

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home