Monday, February 08, 2010

Snowbound 4B, Monday

So Maureen and I met up at the morning Mass this morning. Fr. Daniele celebrated, John was the altar server, and J.R. provided the music ministry, sans microphone from the choir loft. The homily examined the Gospel reading, how deep faith is necessary for true healing to occur. Approximately ~19 parishhioners in the congregation received the Eucharist.

We called Karina, who is busy studying, for breakfast, and ended up stopping near the Cathedral for Maureen's latte and continuing into the heart of Oakland for breakfasts of cinnamon crunch bagel and puff bacon and spinach souffle for breakfast. We did a little shopping, then took photos all the way home. Maureen found out soon after lunchtime that Pittsburgh Public Schools will be closed tomorrow, as well.

I went home to do some administrative work for my class, then took a brief nap around three o'clock right before all three of us decided to head to the public library for an outing. We found ourselves in the video section, and I borrowed two nonfiction videos, and Karina insisted that I watch one particular entertaining video. I said hello to Scott and Richard K, and Don W. in the "Reference" area, Tim in the Music Department, and Lisa R. in the administrative offices.

We headed up Craig Street for pizza slices and casserole serving, and then continued up the street for some more shopping, including at the new Indian grocery mart. WE ran into Jen and her daughter K. walking down Karina's street. They were on their way home. We shared tea and sympathy chez Karina, and then Maureen and I continued home.

I received a call shortly before 18.00 from the University indicating it would be closed an additional day, and that essential personnel need to report (I guess I'm non-essential).

The message on the pitt.edu websites state:

News 2/8/10

Given the increasing likelihood of more severe weather tomorrow and in light of a request from the city's public safety director, the University of Pittsburgh will remain closed tomorrow, Tuesday, February 9.

Because of our continuing need to maintain critical services, essential personnel are again asked to report for work.

We urge all members of the University to exercise caution and to make safety their top priority.

~~~~~
23.10
Just finished watching the movie Karina recommended for me, He's just not that into you. An all-star cast. Right now, I'm very tired and I'm not certain that I "got" the lesson I was supposed to learn from this movie, except that the rule is that the guy is supposed to go after you if he really likes you. [That's it, isn't it, Karina?]

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home