Sunday, May 02, 2010

Pittsburgh Marathon, Pitt's Graduation, Pens Game, and Mass

The Pittsburgh Marathon is being run as I type. The University of Pittsburgh's graduation is today. The Penguins play at Mellon arena early this afternoon. And getting around the city by motorized vehicle will be a challenge today.
~~~
I saw the runners turning east onto Fifth Avenue from Craig Street this morning before Mass.
~~~
11.15am
I lectored in place of Betty at the last Mass. She has problems navigating all the obstacles today. So Carol and Fr. Bill D. helped me to get organized for the Sunday Mass. The major difference is carrying in the book of the Gospels, as well as stepping down for the cantor to sing the psalm, and putting away the lectionary and step before the Gospel reading. Also, there is no announcing the hymns, as during the weekday Mass.

Fr. Bill celebrated the Mass; Rachel, PJ, and Steve served, Linda O. cantored; Ken was the organist; and Donna S. and Carmella and Bob were among the Eucharistic Ministers. Mom and Dad attended the Mass, I also saw Sarah from choir there. I saw Jim L. and Dan before Mass as usher and greeter, respectively.

I chatted with Linda after Mass about vocal health (pending my incipient laryngitis) and the seminar two Thursdays ago, then Mom and I chatted with Gloria and Steve about building issues.
~~~

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home