"Hail, Our Alma Mater..."
Wednesday late afternoon (after our Jeopardy! class for Introduction to Arts and Sciences) Jenny CD and Linda I arrived from the airport and from Cleveland, respectively. After dropping off Jenny's luggage, we headed to Victor's new restaurant, where we enjoyed 2 lamb dishes, a shrimp dish, a salmon dish, and a vegetarian dish with Amanda MS and Charles. It was great to see everyone again, and to have a photo....
We all stood outside, Jenny and I in thin sweaters as the temperatures had dipped from the 60s Fahrenheit to the 40s to 50s as the sun went down. Jenny drove Linda and I back to my parking lot, where we bid Linda a fond goodbye and safe trip. Jenny and I tucked into our respective beds by 23.30, and I awoke about 6.30 Thursday.
Thursday Jenny and I visited St. Paul Cathedral and my workplace. We walked to get eggs over easy, Lyonnaise potatoes, bacon, and wheat toast as well as croissant French toast (and coffee for Jenny). We then headed to the Cathedral of Learning, touring the higher floors before the lower floors of Nationality Rooms first. We then toured the Frick Arts Building (the library, the Jello courtyard exhibit, and the U Pitt Museum Studies Class's exhibit SLAG: What's left after industry?), and the Carnegie Library and Institute. As we left the Carnegie, we opened the door for Marissa and Solomon, and Beatrice and Les.
After loading Jenny's bag into the car, we departed; I for work and she for lunch with her husband's former intern.
Labels: art, Beatrice, biology, Carnegie, dining, international culture, library, Marietta, mountains, organ, organizing, painting, photos, Pittsburgh, reunion, school, sleep, St. Paul Cathedral, work

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home