Bible Study / Mass Readings for the Second Sunday of Lent, 2012
This Wednesday I attended the Bible study/ Scripture study with Fr. Drew regarding the Mass Readings for this weekend. The first reading is from Gn 22:1-2, 9a, 10-13, 15-18. It is about how one must be willing to give up what is most dear to oneself to gain the Kingdom of God.
The psalm response is from (Psalms 116:9) I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
The second reading is from Rom 8:31b-34. The Gospel Scripture reading is from Mk 9:2-10.
The first reading touched me, as I feel that I have given up an immediate nuclear family unit for my current life as a working person. In reality, I have not "given up" as much as I think, because I am a "lab mom" (as one of my students, E., indicated to me) to many many students, and they go on to have fruitful lives. In that way I have gained the Kingdom and have given to the Kingdom of God.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home