Sunday, March 11, 2012

That Shooting

About that shooting at the hospital Thursday---the television news has been covering it for a while, and the NBC Nightly News at 18.30 picked it up, as well, Thursday evening.

The aftermath has been covered by the Tribune-Review and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette newspapers, which have had large-type headlines today (Sunday) and yesterday (Saturday) plastering the front page, which was covered primarily in articles related to the incident.

A lab tech at a nearby hospital and her mother whom we know were interviewed in a story from the past few days appearing in the Post-Gazette; as was someone I know who is a former neighbor, who was interviewed in a story appearing in this morning's Tribune Review.

Yesterday, I asked an acquaintance who works at the School of Nursing about her experiences during the lockdown on Thursday.

Many of us in the community have been touched by the incident. There is no turning back.

Soon after receiving the campus emergency system message/s, I had emailed several of my colleagues/friends who often work in the hospital. Two responded that they were okay.

Poor tortured soul of the shooter---which has touched others' families and may have tortured them, as well. I pray that they embrace God's Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home