Sunday, September 09, 2012

Fun Saturday

Yesterday (Saturday) Maureen and I went to the French bakery in Lawrenceville---closed, en vacances. So we went to the bakery in Highland Park, where we enjoyed croissant strata and hand-dipped white and dark chocolate madeleine. We worked on school administrative tasks at her home (literally cutting and pasting with scissors and tape), and I went straight to the lector/ Proclaimer meeting, where Julie B gave two sample proclamations for us. She was quite prepaped, and is quite talented. After a very late lunch, I napped and worked on work in the afternoon, then walked to the USADance gathering at Carnegie Mellon. Christina, Stephen, Cheryl (from Sacred Heart YA) and I attended the class by Rozana, who taught Maureen and her students. I saw a neighbor, KB and her daughter, A, there, who is a young competitive ballroom dancer. Soon into the evening, she and her cohorts provided a dance concurrently to all in attendance. It was well-executed by these young people coached by Rozana and her husband. They ranged in age from twelve to twenty-five years old.
Christina and I danced with many different folks, some from USADance, some from the local ballroom dance club. Christina, Cheryl, and I departed, but not till after we all danced to the strains of the Pittsburgh Steelers Polka. What great fun!
~~~~
This morning, I baked and broiled the salmon that I marinated last night for the young dancers and families this afternoon.

Will work on work items this morning before Mass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home