Tuesday, January 08, 2013

First Days Back at Work, Uncle Dodong Passed on, The Chief

Just taught two classes in the past two days.  I observed Heather M Monday morning, prepared for Monday afternoon, then taught in the same classroom Monday afternoon.  Adam observed me. 

I wished Ruth a good class Monday evening.  We noted that we teach "after each other" and that we would "scratch each others' backs." 

I taught in the same room this morning. 

When I stopped by my parents' home Monday night, they told me Uncle Dodong had had a heart attack last week.
~~~
When I returned from work today, Mom noted that Uncle Dodong had passed away. 
~~~
I waited for a bus this evening, and saw LS, a former student who had spent last semester in Thailand.  We greeted each other and spoke about her last semester and this semester.

After catching the bus downtown to Sixth and Wood Street, I walked to the O'Reilly/ Pittsburgh Public Theater to meet Nancy.  Our timing could not have been more perfect.  We sat in row L, 241 and 242---great seats on the aisle.  We watched "The Chief", as portrayed by Tom Atkins.  The role, in fact, was written for him by Rob Zellers and Gene Collier (after interviewing the Rooney family).  Ted Pappas directed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home