Thursday, February 07, 2013

Warm (40+ Fahrenheit) today!

The temperatures have been sub-freezing for the past few weeks.  Finally, today, the temperature topped at above 40 Fahrenheit!  After a spate of grading, I took a walk to the Main Branch of the Carnegie Library to read off the shelves to Mom (via cell phone) the titles of James Patterson large print novels...she chose two she has yet to read, and I checked them out.  I then walked to Stacy's office, and we walked to our parents' home, she to spend some time with her mom, and I to spend time with Mom and Dad. 

Afterwards, I walked at the front of St. Paul Cathedral and found a fellow marvelling at the Church.  I held the door open for him to go inside.  We spoke for a while, and I introduced him to Jim, who told him when the church would be closed.  I invited him to "pray, or sit quietly, or just sit and reflect."  He explained that he was from Russia, and I stated that the Orthodox church is one of the few Churches closely aligned with the Roman Catholic Church.  Stacy stopped by, and I introduced him to her, as well.

Stacy and I went to choir practice, where we enjoyed practice, and Emily and Libby had made King's Cake (sans Bebe Jesu) and Cookie dough bites.

I am currently listening to WQED, where Patty Halverson of Chatham Baroque is playing some of her favorite classical music on the air.  I told my friends S and L about this, L told his agent about the show, and they may listen via Internet.

I've had a long, productive day.  Time for a break and some liquid refreshment and sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home