Friday- Lector, Pamela's, Friends...Karaoke after Dinner!
Today I read the reading at the morning Mass. Fr. Steven P concelebrated with Fr. Joe Freedy. Don provided the music ministry from the choir loft. We celebrated the Memorial of St. Teresa Benedicta of the Cross, who was an ethnic Jew and convert to the Church. Our entrance hymn was "O God Beyond All Praising" (verses 1,3)---Maureen's favorite (Gustav Holst) hymn, and our recessional hymn was "Take Up Your Cross." The first reading was from Deuteronomy (4:32-40). The responsorial psalm was 77:12-13, 14-15, 16 and 21. The Gospel reading which Fr. read was from Matthew (16: 24-28).
Maureen and I walked to Pamela's (with a stop at the computer labs on the way) PG Diner for breakfast. I had the croissant french toast with nuts and caramel syrup! She had coffee from the Porch, with French toast and bacon.
We were delicious-ed out. A woman at a nearby table chatted with us through the rainstorm. We looked in the window of a nail salon, and I signed at the woman in the window "How are you?" She signed well, and quickly (it was a former student lab worker in my department), and indicated that she was engaged!! "How very very happy you are," I signed back to her.
We ran into Don by the Cathedral on the way back. Then Mom wanted me to return the necklace she had purchased yesterday. So I gathered everything together, and Dad gave me a ride in the light rain to the Cathedral of Learning. I chatted with Cristina and Michael at the gift shop after returning the item, and ended up in this computer lab.
Tonight we will all join Marissa's visiting family for dinner out.
~~~~
We all met for dinner at a Korean restaurant in Squirrel Hill. I ordered the Bul-Go-Gi beef, which was reminiscent of beef tapa, and was delicious. Marissa and I sat at the kid's table, and the kids sat in the white sofa, where they started out "reclining at table" until they were brought up to par by their parents. We enjoyed dining together, and then turned our attention to karaoke. We spent an hour taking turns with a Spanish-speaking group, who ended up singing and dancing with us to "Y.M.C.A." (after William's family had gone home, to sleep). We all had a grand time, then stopped at Giant Eagle to pick up some supplies.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home