Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Scott Hahn- The New Evangelization: What is it and what do we do?

Theology on Tap yesterday night had Franciscan University theologian Scott Hahn speaking at Steel Cactus.  I arrived, and spotted Christina with her boyfriend, Michael.  Regina joined us later.  It was good to see them again.

Scott Hahn spoke about evangelization, as described by the Popes during and since Vatican II, in the last half century.  He spoke about the deep, spriritually moving evangelization of St. John Paul II from the first weeks of his papacy.  He spoke of three issues in evangelization:  Friendship, Joy, and Family.

I was the first person to meet with him after the talk and Q and A.  I asked him to sign Mom and Dad's book which he and his wife wrote, as well as my copy of the book.

Also spotted Fr. Kris, Fr. Joe, Fr. Daniele, Sean (a former coworker), Marie, and others.

Maureen and I got together after the talk, and we did little chores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home