Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Visiting





This summer Mom, Dad, Kelly, and I took a daytrip to the town William, Joyce, Kelly, and I grew up in--Marietta, Ohio. We had a chance to have lunch with Terri, Mom's best friend from Parkersburg, West Virginia. We heard all about her sons and lots about the adventures of Chris, who is serving overseas with the Marine Corps. Our photo is above, on the left.

While Kelly went for her opthalmologic appointment with Dr. Brenda Jones, there was a chance for me to visit with Ginny Buzzard (Mrs. B) in Marietta. She is now regional coordinator for gifted programs in Southeastern Ohio. Here's a photo (right) of her with Mom, Dad, Kelly and I. My siblings and I had a chance to go through the Future Problem Solving program with her as our coach. William's team had gone to the International Bowl in Lincoln, Nebraska, and my team went to the International Bowl at Coe College, Iowa.

I was saddened to hear that Dawn Inabnet (my microbiology instructor) had passed away this May. She had a real impact on my life. She was a vibrant , thoughtful teacher who appreciated the arts, worked in copper, and loved to travel. She is greatly missed.

2 Comments:

At Monday, October 03, 2005 10:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Grace,
What a wonderful way to begin a Monday morning, having news from you. Yes, I found myself in the Visiting section. Quite a surprise.
We are doing fine except Dick stepped on a yellowjacket and has a swollen foot. I tried to get some Sting Kill but they were sold out at the pharmacies.
You are such a wonderful friend from the past. I wish that teaching was more of the Socrates method so that there would of been more time to just sit and reflect on everything. I'll keep this address so that I can check in once in a while.
Love ya, Mrs. B.

 
At Saturday, October 15, 2005 10:59:00 PM, Blogger Grace said...

Dear Mrs. B--
All of us Alba kids cannot thank you enough for the wonderful Future Problem Solving program you brought to the Marietta City School district. We learned so much from you and from each other (the other students). Please keep in touch.
Truly,
Grace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home