Practice, practice, practice
Happy CInco de Mayo!
So, I survived the 2005-2006 school year, my first one as an instructor at Pitt. The last couple of weeks were devoted to administering finals, grading finals, and getting grades to students. Whew! What a relief that's over!
As I have for a couple decades, I remind my students at the beginning of the semester that taking a science course requires practice, practice, practice--just as athletes practice their sport or as musicians practice their instrument, the science student practices solving problems.
~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
St. Paul's Cathedral Choir has been practicing our program for the May 7th, 2006 concert. The choir will be joined by vocal soloists, Adam on the organ, and a string group. Don will direct all of us. Included on the program are pieces by Mendelssohn, Mozart, Schubert's Mass in G, Beethoven, Bruckner, a favorite by Friedell and Schalk. Last night was a practice in the Cathedral space with Adam accompanying us. Tonight we will have practice with the string group.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home