Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!! Happy Spring!!

Happy Easter!! Happy Spring!! Happy Pesach! Happy Post-Vernal Equinox!

Today is Easter Sunday. I was in the choir at noon Mass and greatly enjoyed the time--Jess and Mark ran around taking pics of groups of choir members before Mass, Geoff and Masako brought family members, much of the music was familiar from earlier in the weekend, and we were all in a generally good mood since Lent was over and the shared joy in Easter was evident.

I took Mom and Dad out to lunch afterwards at a Chinese buffet and I ran into Helen and Olga Y., who were celebrating with their families. Olga has retired since I last worked with her, and Helen is at a different work location. I was pleased to see them again, as they were to see me. I also saw Huang Xiang and his wife Ling with their fellow Pitt faculty member from East Asian studies. It was good to see my friends and to have them meet my parents.

The afternoon was devoted to nap time, and I discovered a package outside M+D's door that contained something from the Easter bunny!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home