it's going to be a great day!
Today is my birthday. It's going to be a great day. Dad and I went to morning Mass--Fr. Breier was the celebrant. In his homily he spoke about the trials of Cardinal Win in Vietnam and segued into how that related to perfect love of God. John served as the altar server, Loretta S. was the lector, and Don provided the music ministry.
After lighting a candle in Church, Dad and I returned to their apartment. Mom had decorated the house with streamers in green and gold and in paper napkins all over the table, cabinets, and walls announcing "Happy nth Birthday!" (where n is 10x, and where x is greater than Benny's age [2.75yr] and less than Miranda's age [5.75yr]). It was just about as festive as Benny's birthday. Dad and I had a delicious breakfast of soft-boiled egg, oatmeal, and orange juice. As I typed the last web log entry, Mom played a glorious rendition of "Happy Birthday" on the piano, drawing me into the living room to dance around the room.
So, for one week Wawa and I are the "same age."
It's going to be a great day!!
~~~~~~
For lunch, mom had prepared sinigang soup; pancit noodles [for long life]; and a veggie mix of snow peas, button mushrooms, water chestnuts, and onions. Mmmmmm, delish!
~~~~~~
Dinner was at Buca di Beppo, where Joyce called mom's cell phone and the kids sang "Happy Birthday"! I told them that I had received their cards: One by Benny with varicolored marks, and one by Miranda with her family in the airplane and wishing a "Biy,biy, biy" ['Bye, 'bye, 'bye, etc.] to us. Dinner consisted of fried calamari, Caesar salad, eggplant parmigiana, and linguini di mare. The waitress brought a candelabra by, and the room sang "Happy Birthday" to me!
Dessert at home followed opening of gifts....a selection of scented hand-poured and hand-carved soaps from William and Marissa, and varied gifts with a "hint" outside each one from Mom and Dad. Desserts were a German chocolate cake and varied cheescakes, carrot cakes, chocolate cakes, and tiramisu provided by William and Mom.

2 Comments:
Happy (belated) Birthday, Grace! I'm glad you had a great day!
Hey, mune, Ba-Nedee--
Thanks for the birthday wishes. For this birthday, I have decided to celebrate every day that I am alive and breathing, so your wishes aren't *really* belated.
I hope everything in Zambia is going well.
Truly,
Grace
Post a Comment
<< Home