Pretty, pretty fleurs
We have been dining amidst pretty, pretty flowers since Friday night. Since the plant development lab ended last week, there was a surplus of flowers from the teaching laboratories. I carried home a bundle of flowers which included Calla and Easter lilies. The fragrance foretells the Easter story of Resurrection which will happen in a few weeks.
My birthday and Wawa's will be in a few weeks, too. Mine was a Passover/Holy Thursday birth, practically down to the hour, as I was born during NYC rush hour/dinner time. Wawa was born on Holy Wednesday. Since Wawa and I are Irish twins (we are the "same age" for a week) when we were toddlers, we used to celebrate our birthdays together, with one big cake on the coffee table.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I used to have issues with the Eucharist, given how much Christ suffered (which we heard about in GREAT DETAIL from a physiological point of view when in elementary school); but I've decided to celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus rather than dwell upon the suffering. And hey, I have been celebrating every day I'm alive---since I was born over [ahem!] years ago--and the celebration of the Eucharist is a celebration of Holy Thursday!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home