end of Spring Break
Today is the last day of my Spring Break. My week was filled with meetings, wishing that the gym were open, and job-hunting for this summer.
Wednesday, I stopped into the Mac Store and talked about possible CPUs with Joe W, my friend and my favorite Mac Store associate. I met up with Vickie D there, and we gathered boxes for her moving as well as relaxed over peppermint hot cocoa and spiced cider. Afterwards, we heard a talk on one of the murals of Sacred Heart Church, prepared and delivered by a coordinator of their restoration. The murals appear to be on a fresco or ground limestone base, with paint applied onto the prepared surface. Some of the paint appears to be leaf. We were informed that the restoration involved watercolor paints.
Thursday afternoon, I taped my second Common Cents show for the Radio Information Service. Terry was the sound engineer, and we bantered for sound check. Thursday evening was choir practice, with much of practice devoted to music for the Lenten season.
Saturday, William, Marissa, and I went to Kaufmann's at South Hills Village. It is one of the Kaufmann's stores that is closing. We each bought some clothes, and proceeded to the food court for lunch. The evening was devoted to volunteering at the Pittsburgh Ballet Theater's boutique and other fundraising ("Say it with Music") efforts. Many people are aghast that the PBT is performing without live music. "Say it with Music" is a fundraising effort to bring the musicians back.
While volunteering, I met another volunteer whose first name is the same as my surname; Matt and Summer, who relieved us from boutique duties; Keith, a bassoonist from the PBT orchestra; and ran into Chia-Pih and Julienne after the program. I was pleased to congratulate Julienne on her Fulbright award--she'll be in South Korea next year.
Today, Sunday, Russ sang with the basses while on Spring break from Yale; and Connor, a ten-year-old organist was in the loft observing, too.
The end of this week has had cooperative weather in line with Spring--it has been in the 50-60+Fahrenheit recently. This leads up to the ground thawing and being ready for William and Marissa to bury Mookie in their backyard.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home