Pittsburgh's going to the Superbowl--"go Stillllers"
So, the Steelers are going to Superbowl XL. I've heard the odds in Vegas of Pittsburgh winning are 4:1. Pretty much! The atmosphere in the 'Burgh is electric. People on the street say hello to each other, followed by the standard greeting of "Go Steelers!" Some people are wearing black and gold, and others have on official team jerseys. Meredith at work has a custom-made jersey with her name on it. At our work pizza party this week, we had Steelers cookies and "Terrible cookies" like the Terrible Towels. I got some cupcakes with Stillllers colors from the Iggle.
Joan, my neighbor, left Friday for Detroit. She is a true Steelers fan, with her door decorated with balloons and a Terrible Towel. Marissa forwarded me Ben Roethlisberger's web log. Everyone is preparing for the big game.
----
noon, Sunday
Fr. Jim, who presented talks about the Pope's encyclical this past week, started his homily with an "ancient" prayer...answered by Jay's waving a Terrible Towel in the choir loft, which did not go unnoticed! A six o'clock Mass was mentioned, probably for the die-hard fans who want to pray during the kickoff. After all, this IS Pittsburgh.

2 Comments:
go Steelers! I LUV your blog- been reading it every day! Please keep the entries coming!!!!
YEAH! Go Stillllers! I am so glad that there are people who like my web log! Happy reading...
Grace
Post a Comment
<< Home