Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Miss Saigon

This past Saturday Marissa and I went to see Miss Saigon at the Byham Theater. I had a great fifth row seat, thanks to PittArts. It was a packed theater, so Marissa sat in right orchestra. The story of Miss Saigon is based on Madam Butterfly. The production was wonderfully produced by the local theater group, Pittsburgh Musical Theater. There was a review of the production in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette this week.

I'd not seen Miss Saigon prior to this performance, but Marissa had seen several productions, both on Broadway and otherwise. The role of the Engineer was wonderfully portrayed by Paul Binotto, as was the role of Kim, by Jihyen Park. The rest of the main characters produced strong vocal and acting performances. Some of my friends and acquaintances were in the musical--Irna, the former FAAP president, and her girls; as well as Enrique. It was great to visit with them and their families after the show and to get the girls' comments on performing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home