Wednesday, April 05, 2006

tag, you're it!!!

I sent Wawa a chain email at the end of last month, with some interesting responses from him. Select responses of mine sent out late one evening last month are included below. The subject line was:

Tag, you're it! Have fun!

Four places you have lived:
1. an apartment with a view of Yankee Stadium, and within walking distance of the Justice Building, Grand Concourse, Bronx
2. Grandview, on a hill with a view of the confluence of the Ohio and Muskingum Rivers at the first permanent white settlement of the Northwest Territory (Marietta, Ohio)
3. Pomeroy Hall, Wellesley College AND on Memorial Drive, Cambridge, Mass for a summer (both in the same year)
4. In the foothills of the Boxspring Mts. in Riverside, California (where there ain't no river by the side!)

Four TV shows you love to watch:
1. Curb Your Enthusiasm
2. Monk
3. reruns of Murder, She Wrote
4. Jeopardy (caught the bug from my mom!)

Four places you have been on vacation:
1. in 20+feet-high waves at Baja California (the beach, after stints of fieldwork in the boondocks)
2. Death Valley (100+F and freezing temps all in the SAME DAY)
3. an open-air palenke at the winter capital, Baguio, Philippines
4. Europe and the British Isles

Four websites I visit daily:
1. www.google.com (for News)
2. www.mynetscape.com
3. hotmail.com (to keep in touch with people like you written to my email friends)
4. trulygrace.blogspot.com (to check the hypertext-linked websites of my friends!)

Four of my favorite foods:
1. My mom's Pilipino cooking (lowfat version!!)
2. grape juice
3. GOOD Pad Thai
4. Girl Scout cookies (samoas or thin mints--they ROCK!)


Four places I would rather be right now:
1. at a birthday party with my friends (not my party, but I just left such a party)
2. in my own bed, sleeping
3. in the kitchen, with a glass of grape juice
4. in a warm tub

Four hobbies you enjoy:
1. exercise, including swimming AND dance
2. choral singing AND karaoke
3. poetry (writing and reading) AND travel (don't get to do either as much as I'd like to)
4. hanging out with my parents (!) AND other family


As Marissa said, you have to consider to whom you are sending the Tag, you're it!! email--we all tend to mirror each other in some responses (such as where we have lived), or, conversely, try to list the most "unusual" places we have gone on vacation. I had particular trouble coming up with more than 2 television shows I watch regularly that I really enjoy, and had problems limiting all my hobbies to just four.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home