Friday, October 27, 2006

Twinkle at home...Wangari Muta Maathai

Yesterday Mom and I visited Twinkle and Marissa at home. We had a great lunch of our favorite parmesan chicken and macaroni and cheese and sliced apples. Marissa and I went for a walk while Twinkle kept company with Lola. It was Marissa's chance to "air out" with Milo and me. I then went to campus for some appointments, returned afterwards to spend some quality time with Twinks and Marissa, then Mom and I headed home after William returned from work.

I went to the talk/lecture by Wangari Maathai, Nobel Peace Prize winner and University of Pittsburgh alumna, during which she stressed that we must all share our limited resources equitably. After her talk, Chancellor Nordenberg presented an honorary doctorate degree to her. A meet and greet was held in the Great Hall of the Cathedral of Learning. It was pleasant and an honor to speak with her.

I met Ornella at Spice Island Tea House for a grilled meal to celebrate her birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home