Friday, May 25, 2007

Auntie Mimang

is an institution. She cared for all of us cousins on my Mom's American side of the family when we were born. Some of my cousins consider her to be their second mom.

I just googled her formal, full name, and it asked me "do you mean [a more common spelling of her first name]?"

Sure, everything can be found on the internet, but you cannot find the innocent love of young children for their aunties.

I told my mom today that I had a chat with Auntie Mimang last weekend and she sounds better than ever since her stroke. "But," Mom noted, "her physical therapy" is not something she is following closely. "Yes," I indicated that one of her caretakers indicated that she is "hardheaded" about not participating fully in her therapy. *sigh* Mom said that it will be detrimental in the long run. Until it's banned, I'm going to keep having my conversations with my aunt. We talk and laugh, and carry on about our lives to each other.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home