Studying the Koran; VIBES
This morning I attended two events at St. Paul Cathedral. The first was the continuation in the workshop series of Studying the Koran led by Farooq, a friend and former coworker. It was quite interesting, filling the meeting room at Synod Hall. The nature of God, as viewed by the Islamic faith was introduced, and after a break a lively discussion ensued.
I then went to the VIBES meeting for RIS listeners and volunteers. Several suggestions and questions were discussed. I asked if there were a listserve for the listeners, as this exchange was useful; but not possible to have us meet as a group every month.
Tonight, Jo-Anne and I will go to two events tonight: The FAAP induction ball for Warren and the Board of Directors (including Dad), and Ken and Lisa's house party. I am dressing up for both.
Labels: Choir, cinema, international culture, Philippines, Pilipino culture, PNR, prayer, read, RIS, St. Paul Cathedral

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home