Two Oaks on either side of the path...Welcome Fall
There are two oaks on either side of a path that ends on a sidewalk on the north side of the academic quad. The easternmost oak is dark green, and glorious. The oak on the west side of the path (within 10m of the other oak) is vaingloriously golden yellow and orange rust in color. The similarities and stark differences are striking. Both have most all their leaves, and I have been observing them both for about a month now.
O it's Fall.
~~~
18:20 Tuesday 13 November 2007
So, it was in the low 60's Fahrenheit today. The trees around town are a patchwork of colors, of fade-ins and fade-outs, and of degrees of bareness. What strikes me this year is how much the hillslopes that face the Monongahela River are still largely green, with yellow. I saw that today as I headed to RIS and then back home before dark.
The trees around town tell the story of scarlet, orange, yellow, rust, with some stalwarts which are still largely green, with leaves tipped in yellow.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home