Holy Week 2008--Palm Sunday 2008
Today I sang in the Cathedral Choir. The order of worship included
Hosanna to the Son of David (Proulx)
All Glory, Laud, and Honor
Psalm 22 (Proulx)
Gospel Acclamation by Proulx
Jesus, Remember Me (J. Berthier) with readings from Matthew 26:14-27:66
O Sacred Head Surrounded
Acclamations by Vermulst, Kraehenbuhl, and Lamb of God by L. Deiss
Communion: Parce Domine and Jesus so Lowly (H. Freidell)
Recessional Hymn: Lenten Prayer
Jonathan, Stacy, and I dined at Union Grill--that soup was great, as were the BBQ chicken quesadillas, and the pierogies.
I took a nap and went to
~~~~~~
The Cathedral Concert Series at three o'clock in the afternoon with
Daphne Alderson (contralto), Elisa Kohanski (cello), and Donald K. Fellows (portative organ). The program was
Stabat Mater (Mary's vigil at the cross when Jesus expired) (Antonio Vivaldi)
Sicilienne, for cello and piano, Op. 78 (Gabriel Faure)
and two spirituals arr. by H.T. Burleigh, Give Me Jesus and Don't Be Weary, Traveller
Daphne has a wonderfully rich, expressive alto voice. I was particularly moved by the first spiritual. She sang the last piece with no music.
~~~~~
William, Marissa, Beatrice and I dined at Royal Caribbean restaurant in East Liberty. I had the goat curry with greens and potatoes. Delicious!
Beatrice had figured out that Daddy is a man, and Mama and Auntie Mimi are ladies (in addition to names, we fall in a category, too). She, of course, is a baby. A baby girl.
I had to depart from dinner with them early to join Joe and Tina at
~~~~~
St. Ferdinand Youth Ministry's 25th Anniversary of "The Living Stations."
It consisted of tableaux vivants in the order of worship. Joe, Tina, and I sat next to the parents of the student who was "The Voice of Christ" and a Woman in the crowd. Apparently, the text seems to be the same year after year. The combined "readers" and my verbal descriptions for Joe and Tina were emotionally moving for my seatmates. We congratulated Fr. Steve K. for sharing the talents of his young people with our parish.
Labels: Beatrice, Choir, Church, Faith, family, light, prayer, sleep, St. Paul Cathedral, theater, tradition

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home