CMU Carnival 2008
Today, after a bout of grading exams, Dad dropped me off at CMU's Carnival, where I met William and Beatrice near the booths. William was filling out raffle coupons, and Beatrice and I went to a booth that was largely letters. A student ("man!") from the booth took some pictures of her there, naming and playing with the letters. We even formed a word (M-A-D-E), and she informed him of some of the letters.
After a search for cold liquid refreshment at the Underground, she turned the cup away. We took the bus to her home, singing verses from "The Wheels on the Bus," and her exclaiming "WHOA!" every so often, as we went "bumpety bump." Marissa and Solomon were upstairs, and Beatrice was alternately excited and cranky to be home. She thrilled to walk with my cane, and William attempted to take a picture with her.
William and I had ice cream cups and shakes at Cold Stone Creamery for his birthday before I headed for home, and a bout of more grading.
Labels: Beatrice, Birthday, CMU, family, ice cream, niece and nephew, transportation

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home