Beatrice right before Jujube
Beatrice is an intelligent, sweet, good kid. I went to go visit her and her parents yesterday at their home after I ran some errands in Squirrel Hill. It was good to visit with her, and her puzzles, books, and scoot around the first floor after her.
Today, I saw Beatrice, too, when Les and Cherie, William, Marissa, and Beatrice, and Charles met me for dinner at Carnegie Mellon. We spent some time walking around the restaurant, watching the "soccer ladies" kick the ball, and generally enjoying good food and company. Marissa recounted the time at her study, and showed us the books they gave her.
~~~~~
Yesterday was our first return to choir after Easter. We practiced, then practiced some more in front of the BVM altar (where the temporary Wickes organ is stationed). The sound is good.
Today at lunchtime William and I attended Charles's colloquium at Carnegie Mellon on Henry Hornbostel and the Skyscraper. It was nice to see people we know again--Chris from when I had started working in Pittsburgh (at the PCM), and Helen Faye and Ray. Helen Faye is certain I will have a good "bionic woman" experience, since many of her students have had the same surgery and are much older than I am. I told her what I have told many of my well-wishers: That I am REALLY looking forward to this surgery.
Labels: art, BAD, Beatrice, family-Marissa, friends, Marietta, niece and nephew

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home