Hillary Gathering with Loida Lewis
This morning we attended a gathering in support of Hillary Clinton organized by Tita Tina at a buffet restaurant. Loida Nicolas Lewis spoke eloquently about Hillary Rodham Clinton, her ongoing contributions--including as a New York Senator with people like Loida as her constituents, and her platform. Approximately fifty people attended, mostly Pilipino/a-Americans and their spouses. After her talk, some very pointed questions were handled deftly by Loida. Mom, Dad, and I had the pleasure of dining with her at table after the talk.
After the talk, Mom and I donated many bags at a drop-off center on the South Side, and I drove Mom to her PAMS meeting at Panera Bread. I went home for dinner and a well-deserved nap, and graded practical finals papers. I need to tally points for the exams and for the semester, and report grades next week.
Labels: biology, dining, dreams, Philippines, Pilipino culture, politics, Wellesley, work

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home