Saturday, May 17, 2008

They will find you!

This week, I received a general survey from the National Academies in Washington, DC. I have not had any contact with them for at least a dozen years---just goes to show that "They will find you" and that our country hasn't totally forgotten about the advisory body of scientists, engineers, and physicians available for the political decision-making body.

I was gently critical of the fact that my pre-doc fellowship did not preclude a new grad student from a heavy load of teaching, research, and classes. I even had a 2X teaching load! In addition, the work was also rather theoretical, and I transferred to a more applied, interdisciplinary field and campus.

I was generally thankful for the opportunities the fellowship opened up to me: I have also attained my goal to teach at a 4-year research institution; and I happily mentor students into summer research, PharmD, and (chemistry) PhD programs.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home