Wendy and Ed's Wedding, July 2008
Yesterday, I stopped by Elaine's home to pick her up to go to Wendy and Ed's wedding. On the way downstairs we stopped by Mary Lou's apartment and picked up Joan K., said a wide "welcome home!" to Mary Lou, and said a fond hello to her daughter Soozan. Roseann and Grace M. joined us in the lobby, and we made our way to St. Paul Cathedral.
Matt, Elaine, Roseanne, Dave, and I sat in the same pew for the ceremony. I actually stood for parts of the ceremony (for the entrance procession, Gospel reading, Communion rite, and recessional hymn). Fr. Breier celebrated the Mass, John and Carol were the main altar servers, Linda cantored, and the other musicians were Don at the organ, Linda Fischer from the PSO, and Jordan Winkler from the River City Brass Band.
For the ride to the reception, Rosemary, Elaine, and I rode with Carmella and her husband Bob. I had the pleasure and responsibility of riding "shotgun," as I was the designated navigator. I took my job seriously and found us there safely, mostly due to Bob's driving. Our table consisted of Roseanne, Elaine, me, Carmella and her husband Bob, Vickie, Karen, and her husband Chuck. There was a caricaturist, a children's craft table, a balloon artist (I spotted a sword, a butterfly headdress, and a Spiderman headdress on various children), an hors d'oeurves table, toasts to the couple, Italian wedding soup, green salad, bread, three different choices for a main course (accompanied by twice-baked potato and green beans), a four-tiered white cake with buttercream frosting, coffees, and flaming desserts (of which bananas foster and cherries foster were two). There was dancing and merriment, and of course, the cookie table. We all enjoyed ourselves, wished the couple the best, and signed their Centennial book as a departure gesture.
Labels: art, BAD, celebration, dance, dining, excited, health, home, neighbors, St. Paul Cathedral, surgery, writing

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home