Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Sing Thing 2008

I read at Mass yesterday, and Fr. Brian celebrated the Mass, Matt served, and Don provided the music ministry.
~~~
As in years past, I joined Joe & Tina W. and their friends for a carol "Sing Thing" yesterday afternoon. We sang arrangements of carols from the Perkins School for the Blind in Massachusetts, with settings in both print and Braille. Tony, our host, had produced an arrangement of "In the Bleak Midwinter," which we broke into parts to practice, and sang.

The way Braille music is arranged on the page was explained to me, and I was astonished by the amount of mental work necessary to sing while reading music in Braille.

~~~~~
Choir yesterday night was devoted to Christmas Masses practice, as well as a fond farewell to Marc W. and birthday wishes to Don!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home