Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mardi Gras 2009

Yesterday was Mardi Gras. I started the day by lectoring, with Fr. Donald Breier officiating at the Mass, Matt as the altar server, and Don providing music ministry at the von Beckerath, with a portable sound pack and microphone ("We are not worthy!") I arrived soon after Matt did, and I commented that the kneelers and chair for us on the altar seemed rather austere ("It's all a day early!" I exclaimed.) This was due to the fact that the altar marble was being waxed and polished recently: The regular kneelers, chairs, ambo, flower urns, and Oriental rugs were tucked away for the cleaning.

After Mass, I told Fr. Breier that I would like to look at the stone in the floor of the altar...I went and looked at the reddish marble-like stone in the center of the altar, as well as the Irish black/(red/green) marble with white inclusions of shells. He joined me in peering at the stone. I noted the shells visible in the Galway marble, "It's amazing the work God does."

I picked up some medical records in Shadyside that morning, went grocery shopping at Trader Joe's, then went to two medical appointments (with lunch in between), and physical therapy. I saw my friend Doreen again, headed home where Mom and Dad were at the end of preparing dinner for Tina and Larry's arrival. I joined them for a delicious dinner of sinigang, broiled grouper, and veggies.

Maureen and I decided to go out for Mardi Gras--we went to Panera, where she had a sweet orange icing scone, and I had an Asiago cheese bagel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home