Monday, April 13, 2009

Countdown during the Octave of Easter

So, as I celebrate Eastertide and as I administer and grade final exams, I patiently await the arrival of my friend, S., who is currently giving master classes and rehearsing for a concert at the end of this week.

It has been nearly twenty years since I have seen S. (We were "just children" when we first met.) It was the fall of the Berlin Wall descending, the fall of 1990, an exciting time to be traveling in Europe. I remember distinctly my visit to Eastern Germany (GDR) a few weeks before the Wall was torn down. I also distinctly remember meeting people who have become my lifetime friends during that trip to Europe.

Something that perturbs me is that I cannot find my slide photos of my first visit to S.'s city---photos of the Cathedral, out windows, and one of S. in particular. My friend reminded me that it doesn't matter that I cannot find those photos---S. is coming here! (I suppose she is right.) But I think it would be nice to show S. the photos, too.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home