First Day Home
Now I start my first day home. I have checked my email.
I am in some pain upon moving, but hey, I just had major surgery! I also think that Wednesday I had a particularly "moving"/active day at physical therapy, and Wednesday after 9am I was off the high-power oral pain medication...didn't go on another high-powered oral pain med until 4pm Thursday, and that at a lower dose. Part of the reason was that I just don't feel pain when I'm just lying in bed or sitting in a chair, not moving.
Margie just called, my outpatient home physical therapist from last year. We talked and had a laugh or two...she asked me if I told the joke to Dr. Crossett this year again about being able to play the violin...I said no, but that he and I talked about the chemistry of the colors of the bouquet Ornella had brought for me. Margie will be my therapist this year, too.
So exciting! Time for breakfast and the rest of my medicines.
~~~
Twelve Hours Later (21:10)
So, the outpatient nursing and physical therapy staff stopped by today: First, Mary, the evaluative physical therapist stopped by in the morning and watched me go through my exercises (twenty reps of each, as opposed to half that number in the hospital) and watched me walk with the crutches, and took a peek at my incision and drain site. The drain site included an area that looked as if it had a tape? blister, according to one of my hospital nurses. This area was sort of oozy. Hmm. I've already been told that my incision is very clean, but somewhat swollen (to be expected---that's my body's response to what's been done to it).
I rested from mid-afternoon on, and had made a snack of peanut butter sandwich and kalamansi-ade, and kettle chips with ketchup before my nap. Mom and Dad returned from Robinson Town Center with a pizza slice for me, and I enjoyed that with Coca-Cola. Dad got some of my food and my mail (snail mail) for me, and erased my old voice messages (that I had already listened to). It's late, but we made a snack of sweet corn, so I'll be enjoying it shortly.
Listened this afternoon to my new CD of "Italian Baroque--Vivaldi" from Barnes & Noble. It's nice to have music to keep me sane.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home