Last Meal before Surgery; Feast of Corpus Christi
So, I just enjoyed my last snack before surgery:
Cabot gourmet cheddar cheese melted on multigrain sourdough bread
a cornet from French Canada
potato chips
a tall glass of kalamansi-ade and
~4 dried plums
Jen McG called me while I eating, and we talked for a short amount of time.
~~~
This morning I went to choir practice, dropped off most of my music, saw E, Kelly & Maris's child, and we all headed up to the choir loft. Saw Mary Ann H., who came to say hello to us. At Mass we sang:
Jesus, My Lord, My God, My All (#488)
Gloria Sine Nomine (Bernard Newell)
Psalm 116 (Murray/Gelineau)
Eastertide Acclamations
Draw Us in the Spirt's Tether (H. Friedell)
Taste & See (J. Chepponis)
Ave Verum Corpus (W. A. Mozart)
Father, We Thank Thee (#558)
Mom, Dad, and I attempted to go to a new Japanese buffet, which was still closed...so we went to a buffet in Greentree. By the time we headed home (after picking up some batteries for my smoke detector), all three of us were tired, so we took ~two hour nap.
I headed to William & Marissa's for a photo/video session of me pre-L hip-operative. Solomon was duly entertained.
And William & Marissa presented me with the Cabot cheese, cornets, petit pains de St. Genevieve, and apple jelly.
MMmmmMM!
Labels: Choir, dine, gift, international culture, Mass, St. Paul Cathedral, surgery

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home