Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Maureen and I went to the final (thirteenth) Tuesday in the Saint Anthony Novenae on Troy Hill yesterday night. Each person present was welcome to a loaf of St. Antony's bread.

I asked Maureen if we could stop at the Newman Center on the way home, to check out the library. We said hello to Jennifer (the MPH student) and settled into the library, reading books about the saints' lives. Then we looked up various saints, and chatted about friends far and near.

As we were departing, we saw the last 13:24 seconds of the Penguins v. Red Wings game--Hey! the Pens are in for the seventh game of the Stanley Cup this year.
~~~
I'm so mad...yesterday afternoon I told Dad to "Wait.." while two young, nattily dressed young ladies attempted to enter his building. Instead, he opens the door, then we have to contend with the process of NOT allowing them in. We explain to them that they need to be buzzed in...Dad departs for the elevators, and I turn around to see them propping the door open as we (supposedly) depart.

"You have to close the door," I politely note to them, whilst pushing the door shut. One young lady was particularly averse to this action, and was heavily leaning on the door. I got a "stoved" digit in the process, and have iced it, but feel very swollen and sore. Time for some Tylenol. Visitors cannot behave like this around residents, it makes the residents feel less secure. K. thanked me for keeping the building secure.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home