Jenny's Visit--Now the Preparation Starts
Now that Jenny's visit is over (3/3 visits by friends from afar), I must hunker down to the task of preparing for my second total hip replacement.
I joke with friends and family that I am lucky that I only have two hips, for if I had more, I would have to undergo surgery every summer. (Good thing I'm not a centipede!---ha, ha, they have exoskeleta, anyway).
~~~~
So, Jenny's visit consisted of:
Thursday: My catching the 6:00 bus to the airport and our trip back to my home. We took a nap in the morning, I introduced her to Carlos at the library on campus, as well as the facilities and resources in the old WQED building on campus. We then went to my department, where we met Heather and saw my stomping grounds, as well as checked our email in the computer lab; went to the Great Hall at the Cathedral of Learning, had a snack at the cafeteria in the Cathedral of Learning; had lunch of unagi bowl and chicken teriyaki bowl at my favorite bento box restaurant nearby; stopped in the Law Department at Pitt; stopped at Posvar Hall (saw the home plate of Forbes Field); stopped at the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh (to pick up a CD by RBP); returned to the Cathedral of Learning; enjoyed some iced tea at the Cafe downstairs; went up to visit the view; stopped by my parent's home to see them and Beata and Solomon; NAP; and then go to the Hofbrauhaus for dinner, drinks, and entertainment with the choir crowd.
Friday: We enjoyed a white chocolate/berry crepe at the creperie in my neighborhood. Jenny and I chatted with Jenn P. about the Legal Studies program at a local cafe. We headed to Vic's restaurant for the lunch buffet (dee-lish); checked email at the 24/7 location on campus nearby; drove up to Mount Washington and took the Duquesne Incline to Station Square; returned to Mom & Dad's to pick up packages for Miranda's birthday; NAPPED; dined at the P. Ring Restaurant in Squirrel Hill (sizzling rice soup, Ma Po Tofu, and ); and then enjoyed the chocolate bomb dessert with Etta Cox and company for Jazz Night.
Saturday: Picked up Maureen for a bakery run (madeleines, fruit tarts, Key Lime pie, and brioches) at Highland Park; dropped off the refrigerated goods at my home; a visit to the bakery in Millvale; the Big Lincoln for breakfast; dropped off Maureen (she picked up her baked goods); went to the Andy Warhol museum (where we purchased gifts, made art packets, and visited the 4th floor); went home and napped, and had dinner at the Vietnamese restaurant in Lawrenceville. We joined Mom and Dad for gin rummy and Mom for Celebrities.
Sunday: Jenny took a walk in the neighborhood while I went to choir practice. She enjoyed the loft and Jennifer H. joined us for lunch of gyoza, veggies, General Tso's chicken, and smoothies and tea at the Pan Asian restaurant. We relaxed and chatted at my home before waiting for the airport bus.
~~~~
Sunday evening brought a pleasant dinner and conversation at Mary Ann's porch with Nancy, Mary Ann's neighbor Rosa, Christoph, and Ornella. We enjoyed, and had a lovely time.
Labels: friends, health, Pittsburgh, surgery, visitor, walking

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home