Memorial/Feast of Saint Philip Neri
This morning I lectored, with Matt serving, Fr. Andrew celebrating, and Ken at the portative organ. I read Acts 20:17-27 and Psalm 68. The Mass intention was for a relation of Mrs. Mary T., a neighbor.
I went to physical therapy, with K. and with Rachel, the PT intern. I mailed a letter out right before my exercise session.
This afternoon Maureen and I went to the solemn Mass on the Feast of St. Philip Neri (founder of the Oratorian Order) in union with the Knights and Dames of Malta (honoring their patron, St. John the Baptist). The main celebrant was the Most Reverend David Zubik, with the priests from the Ryan Catholic Newman Center and Fr. Fischer. Don played
Bach's Air on a G String as a prelude,
with the opening hymn being "The Church's One Foundation."
Christina sang the Kyrie, Gloria, the responsorial psalm. The Offertory hymn was "Firmly I Believe and Truly God Is Three, and God is One" (J.H. Newman), "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence," and the recessional hymn, "God the Omnipotent."
Br. Paul Werley read the first reading well. The homily by the bishop was about names and being an only child (as Christ was an only child). The presentation of the gifts was by the knights and dames of the Order of Malta.
Maureen and I joined everyone to celebrate with refreshments afterwards. We saw and spoke with Carmella (and Bob), Lisa H and Chris, Eric and Amanda and Alex and ?, Br. Paul, etc. etc.
Labels: exercise, friends, health, Mass, neighbors, ordination, Pittsburgh, singing, St. Paul Cathedral

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home