Pittsburgh Marathon 2009
Mom, Dad, and a bunch of their PAMS friends are volunteering for the Pittsburgh Marathon Medical team at the Carnegie Institute...many people from the Pacquiao party last night (KO in 2nd round, Hatton down).
I awoke early today to pack for our trip to visit Kelly. Got it down to:
my small overnight red bag
my fabric bag for my calendar and journal notebook
my small red over-the-shoulder daily bag
my exercise ball
my sport seat/ cane
Kelly called, looking for Mom. (She is still at the medical station).
I'll go outside to watch the race...
~~~
14:15
Karina and I had masala chai (made with Irish tea) and Mexican hot chocolate cookies. We chatted, I admired the bracelet with saints she had fashioned, and we enjoyed the tea we had made together. (Water with sugar and masala boiled first, then milk and tea added last.)
We were pleased with the way the day had turned out: Sunny, bright, and clear.
~~~
20:00+ (After six o'clock evening Mass, when I saw Nancy and Tom McA., Stephanie (from Christmas choir), Ed, and Ken and Lisa's brood, and during which Fr. Utz served. Today was Ken & Lisa's anniversary.)
Showed up at the Newman Center for Eucharistic Adoration. Met up with Maureen, and we went to Karina's for masala chai, homemade chocolate cake, and conversation. Maureen and I walked to my parents' home, and I drove her to her home. The evening ended with the girls at about 23:00.
Labels: anniversary, family, friends, Mass, medical mission, Pacquiao, St. Paul Cathedral, tea, volunteering

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home