Checkin' Email V--Friday
Yesterday late afternoon, after a quick salad and sandwich (and a discussion where we agreed to meet Don for a brief sight-reading session at 6:45pm), S and I headed to choir practice. S and Don started the choir rehearsal evening with a performance of a two-movement piano & violin romance by Gade (a Danish composer)[see below for first movement]. S then sat and listened to our choir practice.
We practiced music for this Sunday, and then we had a group discussion about the excitement this past Sunday. Many suggestions were made. I suggested that we enlist help from Pittsburgh Mediation Center, if necessary. Then, it was time for apple/fig/grape cake and rice salad by Paolo's wife. We enjoyed discussing over this delicious spread, and S and Christoph enjoyed talking to each other. K. had even said that she appreciated S's sense of style/fashion. We headed home, tired, and chatted for a bit longer before we called it a night.
~~~
Today we arose early (my first day of vacation) and had our showers, tea, and breakfast. After a few hours of practice with both violins, S packed the bags (asking me what I thought the difference between the two violins are); and S and I headed out for air, sun, and walking to have sorbets (which I brought from home), coffee, and a brownie at Maggie's Mercantile. We sat outside on the patio and enjoyed our snack. Then, it was time to head home to get the bags to go to the bus stop for the 14:00 bus...We caught the bus to the airport. Due to sufficient emotion management (and a couple hugs), there were no emotional cryfests. S did self check-in at the United kiosk, and I saw S go through security at the main security checkpoint. We waved several times, blew kisses, and saw the wand technique of the TSA worker before a final wave and a blown kiss.
I boarded the next bus back to Oakland, and met Lynna there, who just came from presenting at high school admissions fairs. We chatted about various things, including the phenomenon of the Network, and as you get older, more people know you through the Network. She knows William, and I told her about how Joyce and Greg met.
Landing at Mom & Dad's, Mom said she was happy to see me.
~~~
17:20
William and Marissa just called me to invite me to a Tony Kushner play at Carnegie Mellon tonight...Marissa is tired, so I'll meet up w/ William. After I meet Karina at the Newman Center, I'll meet him there tonight.
Labels: alarm, Carnegie, Choir, family, friends, ice cream, international culture, music, politics, school, St. Paul Cathedral, talent, theater, transportation, travel, walking, Wellesley, work

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home