Don Mc. and Ashraf's Birthday Party
Today I spent a relaxing day listening to music, calling friends, and vegetating. I walked up to Fannie and Don's home to join them, Theresa, Christoph, and Ashraf for a celebration of Don and Ashraf's birthday.
Theresa is a wedding planner from Taiwan, Ashraf is a doctor from Libya, and Christoph is from (choir and) Berlin. We dined on chickpea and spinach soup with Italian Breadworks bread, pasta with tomato, eggplant, caper, onion sauce, and mixed green salad with oil and balsamic vinegar dressing. Dessert was pastries from Salim's, paired with espresso and black tea.
We went up to the rooftop to take photos, marvel at the view and the stars, and to chat, including about our birthdays and Chinese horoscope animals. Don & Ashraf discovered they shared the same birthday. We took the elevator to retire to the table to present Don and Ashraf with candles to blow out for their birthday in a few days.
Ashraf drove us home, and I'll be checking mom and dad's snail mail shortly.
Labels: dine, dining, diocese of Pittsburgh, friends, international culture, Pittsburgh

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home