Friday, August 14, 2009

Third Day Without a Cane, Man on Wire

So, it's my third day without a cane. Slept about six hours last night, dropped off a little "care package" for Mom & Dad on my way to physical therapy. Dad, Mom, and I met over lunch, and then Dad and I went home to pick up my wallet, I picked up the DVD Man On Wire (for viewing tonight at the Newman Center) at the public library, then headed to Fox Chapel for some purchases.

Dad and I tried the coffee toffee chocolate Frosty at Wendy's, and I picked up a sandwich for dinner while there, too. We headed home, then I checked out my purchases, and am blogging before viewing the movie tonight with friends. This movie comes highly recommended by Jonathan.
~~~
15 August 2009
Earlier this week, Jonathan wrote about Man on Wire,
It describes the audacious attempt of a Frenchman Phillipe Petit to walk a wire strung between the WTC Twin Towers in 1974.

When Petit sends his friend Jean-Louis a picture of the towers with a wire drawn connecting them at the top, Jean-Louis says, as only a Frenchie would, “Of course. That’s why they were built. For Phillipe.”

At one point Petit says, “All right, it’s impossible. Now let’s begin working on how to do it.”

Phillipe Petit has left an indelible incredible legacy.

What will mine/your’s be?

J.


Maureen, Christina, and I watched the film together last night, and I noticed that we discussed issues of the relationships between individuals in the movie, namely:

Nous [les trois femmes] pensons que c'était dégoutant que Petit a un liaison avec une femme etrangée au lieu de sa petite amie, Annie;
et
il a un charme assez de personnalité qu'il peut faire rapidement des amis pour accomplir ses exploits, mais il a perdu ses relations avec Annie et Jean-Louis, peu après le WTC danse en l'air;
et
Il a une qualité qui est rafraîchissante et comme un enfant, qui englobe les activités du cirque ... il m'a rappelé de Michael Jackson;
et
Annie a été presque maternelle ou comme une sœur quand elle a parler de lui, comme ses autres amis.
et
En se référant à la vie après le WTC danse en l'air, Annie mentionne qu'il a devenu en proie à la gloire.
C'était mes pensées de ce film.

So, I found it immensely interesting that the female perspective on the movie revolved around the relationships between Petit and his support network, whereas Jonathan's perspective on the movie was predominantly on the feat he accomplished.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home