Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Itzhak Perlman at the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra

Itzhak Perlman performed tonight with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra. Need I say more?
Oh, okay: He was GREETED with a rousing standing ovation.
~~~
Friday 11 September 2009, 8.45
I met Lauretta outside the concert hall, and we chatted.

The night started out with my seatmates Ieva and Elizabeth and I discussing our place in the "university seating" arrangements, and how we lucked out with our seats. I took a pre-announcement, pre-concert photo of some of the musicians on stage: It was Gala Night, so most of the women musicians wore brightly colored ball gowns. Elizabeth and I were rather surprised with placement of some of the string section, as well as pleasantly surprised to see Andres, too.

Manfred Honeck and the Symphony played:
Overture to Der Freischutz (Carl Maria von Weber),
The Symphony No. 8 in G Major, Op. 88 (Antonin Dvorak),

they were joined by Mr. Perlman for:
Concerto No. 3 in G Major for Violin and Orchestra, K. 216 (W.A. Mozart),
and all finished the night with
Liebesfreud (Fritz Kreisler).

We were all delighted, and I met Peggy on the bus. A rather enjoyable night out, featuring the talents of Mr. Perlman and the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home