Monday, October 26, 2009

Last Monday Night Newman Bible Study in October 2009

Today after work Mom, Dad, and I went north of the city to the sushi buffet. We enjoyed eating sushi, hot foods, and ice cream.

I went back in to work, stopped in for Eucharistic Adoration at St. Paul Cathedral, showered and napped for a bit and had dinner. I then walked, seeing Franco on the way to the Newman Center for Newman Bible Study. We walked to the meeting together.

We looked at Wisdom as compared to Bigotry, a sermon by John Newman. As part of the discussion, I gave a couple of biological analogies: The flexible reed in the wind vs. the stiff branch: The reed is like us as we listen to someone who may have bigoted ideas---it can actually make our faith stronger, giving us stronger roots; in response to a question of the Church's doctrine evolving with time, I brought up Peter's scripture of the living stones being like us, our making up the body of the Church. There were many analogies from various fields of study (depending on the interests of the speaker).

Afterwards, I finished typing some letters for Mom and Dad for PAMS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home