Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Douglas Levine and Friends at Rodef Shalom


My friend Daphne Alderson invited me to a concert Monday night at Rodef Shalom Synagogue. Her friend Doug Levine and his friends were performing various genres of music. The group consisted of a core of: Doug (pianoforte), Jeff Grubbs (double bass), R.J. Heid (percussion)

The men performed:
My Romance
On a Clear Day
Circle Song (Levine)
Panic at the Deli (Levine)

and were joined by Daphne for:
Surrey with the Fringe on Top
Bill Snow Fiesta
I Love Piano (as covered by Judy Garland)

~~~an intermission followed~~~

The men played Ralph's Blues

and were joined by Jeff's wife, Tania for:
Tania's Logic
Will You Still Love me Tomorrow
Sermonette

and were joined, in turn, by Mary Beth Malek (clarinet) for:
a four-part piece, then
for another four-part piece based on Israeli Folk Songs.

I saw my former co-worker, Tim, there, Roberta W, my neighbor Flo W., Terry and Char, and met a number of new people there, too, including their friend Elaine and Jane from Diocesan Choir. I had a chance to chat with Daphne, and Tania (whom I had seen with Jeff at jazz in Squirrel Hill) at the reception in the courtyard afterwards.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home