Philadelphia, October 2009 I
I arrived last night in Philadelphia. Sara and I went for vegetarian Kosher Chinese food on Race Street near 10th Street for dinner. Heather C called on our way there, and we agreed to have dinner Sunday (tonight). Sara and I took the El and retro trolley to her home in Northern Liberties.
Today, Sara and I got a ride from her brother-in-law Robert and Jeff to go to the Quaker Meeting house. I attended my first Quaker meeting today. A handful of people were moved during meeting to speak and share their insights of the Spirit. Introductions of visitors followed, and a coffee and tea and snacks followed. Sara and I visited the library, then walked to SS. Peter and Paul Basilica, we saw Logan Circle and the Museum of Art and the Franklin Institute. We entered the Basilica and saw Mass celebrated in the adjacent chapel. We walked along the Parkway to the flags of various countries, saw the Holocaust Memorial statue, saw the fountain in front of the City Hall (as well as the LOVE sculpture nearby), visited the subway station for a packet of tokens, walked into the City Hall courtyard.
Then we headed south toward the Union League and chocolate neighborhood....We had a late brunch at Max Brenner--Chocolate by the bald man, and then went to the Outfest, a street festival
(where we saw a number of wet noses for adoption) and then Sara departed for her evening of singing rehearsal. I went birthday shopping for Beata, then met Heather C and Mytili at the Chinatown arch for Burmese dinner at Rangoon. We walked toward the city center for gelato---I had sweet coconut milk and dark chocolate gelato. Heather and Mytili walked me to the 13th Street turnstiles and waited with me for the train. I chatted with them on the phone while I waited for Sara to return home. I'm relaxing with Sara and her cat Mungojerrie while typing this post.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home