Snowbound 6A, Wednesday
This morning the Cathedral was locked up except for two entrances on the side. I entered Mass and Fr. Bill was saying the Kyrie (in English). Audrey C. was the lector, and John was the server. Seventeen parishioners received the Sacrament of the Eucharist this morning.
I took some photos after Mass, and noticed that there were traction marks from the Trax on shoes in front of the Cathedral. I made phone calls this morning and walked with Maureen after noon Mass to Panera, where she had lunch and I bought bread.
We pondered the concept of taking a 54C bus to the ends of the line. I said, "I'll take the bus to the Allegheny [North side], but I won't go to the end of the South Side line." We discussed the possibility of selecting a bus that would slip and plunge to the depths of the South Side slopes. "What would our obituaries say?!" We talked about a possible headline and first sentence:
Pittsburgh Educators
Two Pittsburgh educators were found DOA at the hospital after using the 54C bus line to stake out road conditions during this past snowstorm. This was a natural extension from their daily walk to escape cabin fever in this, the sixth day of the state of emergency in the 'Burgh. The bus they were riding was found at the bottom of a ravine below the South Side slopes.
We plan to watch the DVD of Herb Alpert: Live at Montreaux.
~~~
19.50
We watched the DVD and chatted over white tea, as well. Maureen worked on a Reflection (I acted as administrative assistant and typist extraordinaire), and we enjoyed her brother-in-law's chili for dinner.
I waited for a bus, and one came fairly quickly. The snow was plowed clear to the curb sometime between when I had last travelled from that bus stop.
Labels: cold, humor, Mass, photos, Pittsburgh, seasons, St. Paul Cathedral, transportation, weather

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home