I've been awake
I've been awake since ~2.30 and up since ~3.00 today. The birdies have been twittering outside my window for a while now.
I think I'll take a nap before Mom and I go to get our hair styled.
~~~
Mom and I went to the polka Mass at Father Tom's parish. Henny and the Versa J's provided the music. I arrived during the psalm "Praise the Lord for He is Good," (based on Psalm 147, music by R. Koslosky). I told Mom that the polka makes me feel like dancing!
The acclamations were also sung polka-style.
The offertory song was "Table of Plenty"
The communion song was "Badzze Pozdrowiona"
and the recessional hymn was "Let There Be Peace On Earth."
We joined the parishioners and other visitors for lunch in the social hall (directions to the hall provided by my friend Lisa H). Mom and I had hot dogs (Mom had sauerkraut on hers), haluski, drinks, and funnel cake.
We stopped by the gift shop table on the way out, and caught the shuttle to our parking spot.
The event was well-organized and well-staffed.
~~~
I went grocery shopping and I got cleaning supplies at Tuesday morning and data storage supplies, as well.
We stopped by to say hi to Marissa and the children, so I read a French version of the book _No, David!_ and we all played the hot dog board game and the robot game, then headed home under a shower of raindrops stored on the tree leaves overhead.
After a snack of apple dumpling from the festival, we took an hour nap and then had dinner with Dad before heading out to the craft store on McKnight Road, coupons in hand.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home